Rob Geddes MW will lead you through the best of Australian and world wine.
This event will take place at Sydney Wine Centre - click this link to book now.
The aim of the course is to allow you to identify what you like and why you like it. It is perfect for anyone looking to further their own personal journey with wine.
Rob is a master at identifying individuals own palates and guiding them on their way to enjoying wine. Rob will lead you through topics including:
- How to taste wine
- Flavours and aromas
- Regional and varietal characteristics
- Food and wine matching
- Trends in wine
- Winemaking techniques
: Beginner to Intermediate. This course is aimed at people with some prior tasting experience, however the course is very comprehensive and will cover all aspects of tasting and wine.
You will get to taste 30+ wines from a mixture of boutique wineries and industry icons such as Shaw and Smith, Wynns, Curly Flat, Tyrrell's and Seppeltsfield, as well as a number of international wines.
The day runs from 10am - 4pm and is broken into the following sessions:
- Introduction (3 wines)
- Champagne and Sparkling (4 wines)
- Whites (9 wines)
- Reds (10 wines)
- Fortified and Desert Wine (4 wines)
In addition to these wines, some of our personal favourites will also be available for tasting throughout the day.
Canapés are served throughout the day, matched to specific flights of wine. An indicative canapé menu for the day is as below:
- Tiger prawns with garlic mayonnaise on baguette - served with Rieslings
- Oysters - served with aged Semillon
- Quiche Lorraine - served with an Alsace blend
- Delice de Bourgogne cheese - served with Chardonnays
- Salmon Blinis - served with Champagne
- Mushroom Bruschetta - served with Pinot Noir
- Manchego cheese - served with Tempranillo
- Comte cheese - served with Shiraz
- Lamb cutlets - served with Cabernet Sauvignon
A full lunch is also provided courtesy of Gallon Wine Bar (next door to Sydney Wine Centre).
We can guarantee that you will not go hungry!
The one day course will be held in 'The Vineyard' Tasting Room, Sydney Wine Centre, Level 1, 119 Harris Street, Pyrmont
Gift certificates are available for this course - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9572 3500.
The One Day course and 4-week course cover the same content - they are merely run as two separate formats in order to allow participants to attend whichever format is preferable.